[Melbourne-pm] Job: Linux sysadmin with Perl experience

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Fri Jan 30 06:17:53 PST 2009

G'day all,

A friend of mine works for Toggletext (which does language research and
automated translation tools - like kataku).  She's asked me to pass on this job ad.

--------------------------------------
Linux Systems Administrator

ToggleText is looking for a Linux systems admininistrator with good
communication skills, keen curiosity and the ability to learn on the
job. 1-2 years experience OR completion/near-completion of an
appropriate degree/diploma is required (i.e. may be appropriate for a
graduate).

ToggleText is a friendly small business with flexible working hours.
Pay is negotiable on experience. For the right candidate we can make
this position full time (40 hours/week) or part time (minimum 20
hours/week) as you prefer. Start date is ASAP.

If you like the idea of running the show and getting your teeth into a
bit of everything, this may be the right job for you.

Essential qualities

    * Linux systems administration familiarity (pref. RHEL/CentOS and
Xen virtualisation software)
    * Apache web server familiarity
    * Perl experience
    * Knowledge of LANs and DNS
    * Email administration experience (preferably sendmail)
    * Exposure to version control management systems
    * Conscientious documentor!

Desirable qualities

    * Windows system administration
    * Prolog exposure/experience
    * DBMS experience (preferably PostgreSQL)
    * Interest/experience in natural language processing/computational
linguistics
    * Experience in Indonesia or the Philippines (languages or business)
    * C#/.NET familiarity

About ToggleText

ToggleText is a privately owned company developing language technology
software in Sandringham, Victoria. Our office is metres from both
Sandringham train station and Sandringham beach.
http://www.toggletext.com/

Apply by email to resumes at toggletext dot com. Applications close
Friday 13th February 2009. If you have any questions, please contact
Ben MacLeod on 03 9521 8011.

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |