[Melbourne-pm] Runner framework

Alec Clews alec.clews at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 18:47:31 PST 2009

Some people are a little confused by my very brief post so here is the
more detailed 'use case'

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Alec Clews <alec.clews at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a framework that allows me to:
>
> * Create different types of runners (e.g. run SQL, run Perl, run other
> programs)
> * Handle the tedious bits of logging, running things in order etc etc

I need to run a set of 'scripts' on various application directories.
These scripts can be anything. SQL DDL, XML configuration files to be
run via a custom program(s), templates to be updated etc...

Some scripts will have pre-requisite  scripts

I need to produce customised logging and error reporting. In most
cases some attempt should be made at error recovery or roll-back, but
it varies.

I'd like a to be able to provide a bunch of files containing these
scripts and some meta-data and have a framework do the heavy lifting.

> Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable module?

Make sense?

Cheers
--
Alec Clews