[Melbourne-pm] Stuff exchange web site design?

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Mon Feb 9 18:37:28 PST 2009

Tim Hogard wrote:
> I've been chating with a friend in the US that deals with post disaster
> assistance.  The big problem is the logistics of getting stuff from
> the donars to the people who need it.
>
> He had a PHP thing that sort of worked until it got hit hard and
> then died but there seems to be a need for this sort of thing.
> Anyone got time to do it right?

Not sure what the issues actually are, but could you get away with a
wiki? Requires users to learn to use it though, which is always the hard
part of any system :/

> Failing that, does anyone have a free lat/long database for postcodes?\

I have a map of postcodes to suburbs, and Google Maps contains an API
for geocoding place names to lat/long, so that problem could be solved
fairly easily.