[Melbourne-pm] Sept Fail 100 Bug Squash

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Aug 27 23:22:16 PDT 2009

I hope the bug quashing goes well; I'm sad I won't be able to make it :(
I'll see if I can get on the wiki from holiday and have a look at what
is going on though; I might have some boring hours in departure lounges
where I can contribute after all :)

Best of luck,
Toby

David Dick wrote:
> On 29/07/09 12:18, Alec Clews wrote:
>> 2) Can we get a venue with internet access? there was some discussion
>> that our current venue might be a networking problem... (I do have a
>> WiFi router/hub we can use)
>>
> Remasys has purchased a Wifi router for use by Melbourne PM.  So we now
> have a NATed internet link + router with dhcp all set up and ready to go.
>> 3) Shall we pair program and can we get the least experienced paired
>> with most?
>> 4) If we have a network then shall we deliver via GitHub or Gitorious.
>> What would the workflow be? or use Git via ssh on a LAN? or an SVN
>> server...
>> 5) Can we support remote contributors e.g. using irc?
>>
> Afaik, we have holes in the firewall for outgoing ssh/http/https and
> dns, as these are the protocols i tend to use.  Do we want irc or
> anything else? Not that it should provide any drama, but it will need
> organising beforehand.
>> 6) Does anyone not have a laptop to bring and do we have any
>> alternative to offer?
>>
> And does anyone have a laptop that cannot handle wireless? Should we
> provide ethernet as well as wireless connectivity?

Strategic Data Pty Ltd
Ph: 03 9340 9000