[Melbourne-pm] (paid) Assistance required for Google calendar hack

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Thu Aug 13 19:59:58 PDT 2009

Nathan Bailey <Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu> writes:

> That would be pull, but I need push! :-)

Why?  (Yes, this /is/ a serious question.)

> Although you've raised a good point - if google calendar can be mounted as a
> file system (like gmail can), perhaps I can just cp it across :-)

I understand that CalDAV, which is built on top of WebDAV, is available for
Google calendars.  Given the degenerate implementation is 'PUT ...', here is a
reasonable (and Perl) push implementation for you:

  ] < /path/to/example.ics lwp-request -m PUT http://example.com/target.ics

Substituting the appropriate URL is left as an exercise to the reader.

You may send the cheque by way of my agent.

        Daniel

   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.