[Melbourne-pm] thanks to all

Andres Kievsky akievsky at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 18 18:36:18 PDT 2008

> The problem is NEVER the language.

I am not so sure I'd put that as an absolute statement. There are features that some languages/communities have that make life easier (think OOP, AOP, closures, continuations, macros, duck typing, garbage collection, large libraries, etc) and help you solve problems that you can't as easily solve in other languages. It seems to me that, for a fixed problem, there are certain languages that are more or less fit to solve it, and this suggests that some programming languages are more problematic than others (when it comes to implement a particular solution).

I do absolutely agree that, in real-world projects, "human problems" are much more common that "language problems."

- Andres N. Kievsky

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail