[Melbourne-pm] Acer Aspire

Peter Machell peter at machell.net
Thu Sep 11 15:35:22 PDT 2008

On 11/09/2008, at 10:31 PM, Toby Corkindale wrote:

> Personally I quite want either an eee or this acer (aa1).. I'm
> waiting until
> October when they're releasing a slightly tweaked model with twice
> the battery
> capacity and apparently some UMTS/HSDPA 3G data thing built-in.

I bought an EEE PC - the one with the 10" screen that comes with XP. I
quickly loaded Ubuntu and managed to get everything working except the
power saving stuff.

The hardware was great except for the stub of the right shift key,
which prevented me from really being able to type on it.

 From what I can see of the Acer they have managed to put two large
shift keys in. I can't tell if they have compromised anything else on
the keyboard.

cheers,
Peter.