[Melbourne-pm] Acer Aspire

Adrian Masters adrian at ash-blue.org
Thu Sep 11 15:34:01 PDT 2008

> Personally I quite want either an eee or this acer (aa1).. I'm waiting
> until
> October when they're releasing a slightly tweaked model with twice the
> battery
> capacity and apparently some UMTS/HSDPA 3G data thing built-in.

After having bought a Dell desktop replacement (and yes, it feels like I'm
lugging a desk on my back sometimes), I'm excited by the eeeeePC and the
Aspire.

While I like the power of several VMs at once (and virtualised a copy of
my old Fedora desktop and a DNS/DHCP/web server) and nice video, it is a
pain on the train.

Built in HSDPA looks useful, but I am waiting for reasonable wireless
plans to appear (probably to be dropped by flying porkers, I know).

In the meantime, I'm using PortableApps on an 8Gb USB key, on a work laptop.

> Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the
> falconer;
> Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the
> world

Love the sig - where is it from (it sounds familiar).

--
Adrian Masters
www.ash-blue.org