[Melbourne-pm] Assorted follow-ups from Melbourne Pub Mongers
pjf at perltraining.com.au
Wed Mar 12 06:17:32 PDT 2008
I have assorted follow-ups from our meeting tonight from Melbourne Pub Mongers.
* The evil, evil trick I showed off with regards to Fatal can be found at:
Please do *NOT* use this in production. It will be fixed in 5.10.1.
* Seriously, don't. It's a bug, even if it is like PHP in reverse.
* The best TV right now is "Sarah Conner Chronicles". It helps if you like
Terminator. It helps even more if you liked Terminator so much that you
thought Terminator 3 was awful.
* Other best TV is "Big Bang Theory", which I discovered thanks to Nat
Torkington and Skud. First episode I thought was average, later episodes
* Frets on Fire can be found at http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/
* The standard Frets on Fire client is rubbish. Use the RF-mod at
http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/rf-mod instead. Seriously, it rocks hard.
* My Frets on Fire high-scores can be found at
http://www.prison.net/worldcharts/charts/playersFull/PJF/ . If you beat my
scores, let me know.
* Spoilers to the C-64 game "The Hobbit" can be found at
http://bbc.nvg.org/doc/games/Hobbit-solution2.txt . A window should be no
obstacle to a thief with friends.
* Yes, I'm really doing a lexical Fatal. Yes, it's much harder than it
* Our Perl Tips (including What's New in Perl 5.10) can be found at
http://perltraining.com.au/tips/ . You can subscribe both by e-mail and by
* Our training manuals can be found at http://perltraining.com.au/notes.html
. If you find any mistakes I'll give you chocolate.
* My bookmarks in general can be found at http://del.icio.us/pfenwick .
They provide a dark and twisted view into my mind.
* My blog can be found at http://pjf.id.au/blog/ . Yes, the dance mat is
real. The half-a-joystick is real. It really does work.
* The greasemonkey talk can be found at http://pjf.id.au/blog/?position=525
* I use jaiku and twitter under the name of 'pjf' on both. I'm not hard to
find. Let me know if you need invites.
* I'll be at Brisbane.pm next week if we can organise a meeting.
* I'll be at Sydney.pm in three weeks time.
* I'll be at Melbourne.pm in four weeks time! See you there!
All the best,
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/
Director of Training | Ph: +61 3 9354 6001
Perl Training Australia | Fax: +61 3 9354 2681
More information about the Melbourne-pm