[Melbourne-pm] Training + experience = expertise? (Was: SPUG: Introducing The Perl College)

Nathan Bailey Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu
Mon Mar 3 20:43:29 PST 2008

Hmm, sounds a bit Google summer-of-code-ish.

So we could get them some training, get them some experience and then
sell them off to the highest bidder.
Employers get smarter/more proven programmers (rather than someone who
has just put 'Perl' in their CV along with 50 other technologies)
The student gets a great job in a growing technology (and if they join
MelbPM, a $6-7K higher salary, apparently ;-)
And we take a recruiters cut (which is what I presume Uri and Damian
are doing in the US).

I'm up for it :-)

re,