[Melbourne-pm] Perl stuff

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Fri Aug 22 03:56:59 PDT 2008

John Thornton wrote:

>       Now I have got this error message in the last 3 attempts:
>
>        Server error!

Woohoo!  Progress!

Try
--------------------
#!"C:\xampp\perl\bin\perl.exe" -w

print "Content-Type: text/html;\n\n";
print  "Hello World!";
----------------------

Also in the cmd/dos window try the following:

	perl -e 1;	# If this does nothing, then Perl is installed
			# and the system knows about it.  So try the
			# others

	perl -MCGI -e 1; # If this does nothing, the CGI module is
			# installed, otehrwise if it gives you an error
			# such as: "Can't locate CGI.pm in @INC...." you
			# know it isn't.

	perl -MCGI::Carp -e 1;  # As above.

	perl -Mstrict -e 1;	# Again

If CGI, CGI::Carp and strict are installed (they're standard modules)
but you get errors when you run the above lines then we need to do a
little more work to ensure your system can find its libraries.
Otherwise it's all good.

All the best,