[Melbourne-pm] perl error message

Timothy S. Nelson wayland at wayland.id.au
Thu Aug 21 17:50:24 PDT 2008

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, John Thornton wrote:

> Right...I looked and this is the error log in Apache:

[snip]

> [Thu Aug 21 19:55:22 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 3)The system
> cannot find the path specified.  : couldn't create child process: 720003:
> new433.cgi
> [Thu Aug 21 19:55:22 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 3)The system
> cannot find the path specified.  : couldn't spawn child process:
> C:/xampp/cgi-bin/new433.cgi
>
> The very last entry would have been my last and best attempt.
>
> But how does that info help me?

 	It occurs to me that the last two entries might both be relevant, as
they have the same timestamp.  I will assume that you have already moved your
script to C:/xampp/cgi-bin/new433.cgi

 	After doing some googling, most of the suggestions relating to this
sort of problem were suggesting that the problem is in your Apache
configuration file.

 	Having said that, after looking at everything closely, I suspect that
Jacinta has actually given you the correct answer.

 	Just to answer some of your not-quite-questions, I'll make a few
comments.

 	Apache spawns multiple child processes by default, so that it can deal
with multiple incoming requests at the same time; it also means that it makes
more effective use of the processors on multi-processor machines.

 	FileZilla can be thought of as "FTP client on steroids", especially in
that it does SCP/SSH type transfers too.  The idea, though, is that you would
use this to upload your files to your ISP after you've created your website.

 	HTH,

 	:)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayland at wayland.id.au    | I am                           |