[Melbourne-pm] FW: beginner at Perl trying to learn it

Ben Hare benhare at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 02:33:48 PDT 2008

Hi there,

there's many issues in your post to cover, sounds like your major
issue is actually your apache config. read up on www.apache.org.

also check programming perl, most Perl programmers start with this (
or Learning Perl ).

but really i just wanted to add: don't give up on the transition you
are trying to make. i studied multimedia but as the web changed i
initially taught myself Perl and have worked as a Perl programmer for
years since, many more years than i ever did as a web
designer/multimedia artist. the two skills are in fact an important
combination, particularly in front end web development.

cheers,

Ben.