[Melbourne-pm] Next Meeting: TONIGHT: 13th August

Stephen Edmonds melbourne-pm at popcorn.cx
Sun Aug 17 04:40:29 PDT 2008

All,

My slides are now available at http://popcorn.cx/talks/beyond-ascii/

Although you might be better off using these references:

* Perl documentation:
   * Encode - character encodings
     http://perldoc.perl.org/Encode.html
   * perlunitut - Perl Unicode Tutorial
     http://perldoc.perl.org/perlunitut.html
   * perlunifaq - Perl Unicode FAQ
     http://perldoc.perl.org/perlunifaq.html
* From Juerd Waalboer:
   * Perl Unicode Tutorial (YAPC::Europe 2007)
     http://juerd.nl/files/slides/2007yapceu/unicodetutorial.html
   * Perl Unicode Advice
     http://juerd.nl/site.plp/perluniadvice
* Wikipedia:
   * Unicode
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode
   * Character encoding
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_encoding

I have added all of this to the meeting history page
(http://perl.net.au/wiki/Melbourne_Perl_Mongers/Meeting_History_2008#Wednesday.2C_August_13th_2008)
and also added descriptions for other meetings from this year.

Thanks,

Stephen