[Melbourne-pm] Melbourne perljobmongering

Ian Macdonald ickphum at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:23:40 PDT 2008

Hi,

Um, not to descend into naked self-promotion but if any employer looking for
an experienced Perl developer can contact me via email; current contract
expires in 3 weeks, 1 days and 5 hours as of...now!

Well, I suppose that was self-promotion but hopefully not too naked (just
wait til the interview!).

Ian Macdonald
ickphum at gmail.com

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Toby Corkindale <tjc at wintrmute.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> There were a few discussions last night over the state of Perl jobs in
> Melbourne. I heard some people saying they had trouble finding good people,
> and
> others saying they had trouble finding good places to work. I've had a
> couple
> of friends thinking of moving to Melbourne ask about work here too.
>
> http://jobs.perl.org/ is the global Perl jobs site, but doesn't have any
> Melbourne jobs listed at all.
>
> Where should we direct people to connect people with jobs?
>
> Should we create a Melbourne specific jobs mailing list or website or
> something?
>
> Cheers,
> Toby
>
> --
> Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the
> falconer;
> Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the
> world
> (gpg --recv-key B1CCF88E)

Ian Macdonald