[Melbourne-pm] Next meeting: 14th May. LIGHTNING TALKS

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Wed Apr 30 19:22:29 PDT 2008

The next Melbourne Perl Mongers meeting will be held:

	6:30pm 14th May
	Level 1
	172 Flinders St
	(just opposite Federation Square)

David Dick and AAPT have kindly volunteered to host us, and if there are more
details about getting in, I trust he'll let us know.

I suggest for this meeting that we run a series of lightning talks.  These are
3-5 minute long talks, ideally about a single idea.  They can be comedic or
serious, simple or complex, but they must be no longer than 5 minutes long.
This is a great opportunity for everyone to get up and say something, especially
if you've never presented anything before!  Slides are optional.  You can just
get up and introduce yourself and tell us what you do - that would be awesome!

Think about your topic(s) then send it through to the list.  We should have time
for pretty much everyone to present once, but it would be good for scheduling
purposes to know in advance who wants to speak.  If you don't have a laptop you
can bring along to present from, send your slides (if you plan to use them) to
Paul by Monday 12th (pjf at perltraining.com.au)

If you decide you want to give a talk, on the night, that's no problem at all.

Unfortunately I'll be interstate and won't be able to attend, so I hope you have
a great time without me.

   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |
  _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'           | contact at perltraining.com.au |
 (il),-''  (li),'  ((!.-'             |   www.perltraining.com.au   |