[Melbourne-pm] SECURECon 2007 - November 7th to 9th - The University of Melbourne

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Tue Oct 16 00:56:03 PDT 2007

Last year's conference was heaps of fun, so if you've got the time:

SECURECon 2007   - http://securecon.unimelb.edu.au
November 7-9 - The University of Melbourne

Registration has opened for SECURECon 2007.

REGISTER HERE --> http://securecon.unimelb.edu.au/register
Visit http://securecon.unimelb.edu.au for more details
Email enquiries at securecon.unimelb.edu.au if you have questions

This year's SECURECon theme is SECURING OPEN ENVIRONMENTS

Open environments can include open access networks, public web applications
and other network services not confined within a corporate LAN.

We also have other technical and non-technical IT Security talks as well as
two 3-hour workshops this year: Security auditing using open source security
tools and a tutorial on NSA Security Enhanced Linux.

At these workshops delegates will be able to gain hands-on experience and
feedback within a comfortable computer lab environments.

For information about some of the current presentations in our programme
visit http://securecon.unimelb.edu.au/programme

CONFERENCE DINNER AND REFRESHMENTS
We had great feedback from those who attended our very informal conference
dinner last year. The dinner will again be held at Mark's Place with carry
over to PA's on Grattan Street. Mark's Place has pizzas, pastas and other
main meals ranging from $6.80 to $18.50 and a $5 Discount voucher will be
provided.

Please select the box in registration if you want to come so we can book
seats.

Last year's refreshments on Friday evening was very popular with some great
give-away prizes, finger food, comedy from Nick and beverages.

ABOUT SECURECON
SECURECon aims to provide a forum for high quality presentations and
workshops on emerging issues and technologies in IT Security. Aimed at IT
professionals across all industries SECURECon provides an opportunity for IT
Professionals to network and exchange ideas and information.

SECURECon is run by Melbourne University staff and students.

Visit http://securecon.unimelb.edu.au for more details
Email enquiries at securecon.unimelb.edu.au if you have questions

SECURECon is a free public offering kindly sponsored by:
Verisign, Dimension Data and The University of Melbourne

SECURECon is endorsed by the Information Systems Security
Association (ISSA) http://www.issa.org.au

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |