[Melbourne-pm] Reminder: Meeting TONIGHT

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Tue Oct 9 22:41:58 PDT 2007

G'day Everyone,

Just a reminder that the meeting is TONIGHT:

	6:30pm	Wednesday 8th August

	Editure
	Level 8
	14 Blackwood St
	North Melbourne

== Effective Procrastination with HiveMinder (Paul Fenwick) ==

If you're like most people, you've got dozens of things that need doing.
Work, shopping, chores, programming, hobbies, tax, holidays, bills, and so
on.  You may have tried to keep a to-do list, but found it rapidly grew to
the point of being unmanageable.

Paul Fenwick will demonstrate the use of the free HiveMinder.com to-do
service to both manage tasks and to procrastinate effectively, allowing you
to focus only on the tasks that really need to be done.  We'll see how to
manage tasks via the web, via-email, and how to be really efficient via
instant messenger.

To conclude, we'll see how it's possible to add new features to HiveMinder
and some tricks and tips for doing so.

== Microblogging with Jaiku and Net::Jaiku (Rick Measham) ==

Net::Jaiku - an introduction to microblogging and lifestreaming, plus a
bonus: Using microblogging as a development tool.

---

Also, since I've heard nothing but praise for the idea of going to the
Redback afterwards, I'm going to try and steer the after-meeting drinks in
that direction. ;)

Hope to see you there!

	Paul

--