[Melbourne-pm] Last night's meeting wrap-up and further discussion points.

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Wed Nov 14 15:40:40 PST 2007

Last night's meeting went very well with 15-20 attendees; 5 or so from REA.  The
new venue looks pretty good; tables, comfy chairs, good data projector and noone
complained about their journey there.  REA kept back staff members to make
entrance easy with people opening doors, swipe-carding lifts and providing
directions.

My talk (20 minutes long to fit into a 30 minute OSDC slot) felt much shorter so
we also introduced ourselves and talked briefly about what to do next meetings.
 Games were mentioned, as well as Paul volunteering to give a talk on Net::Pcap
(for disassembling TCP/IP packet streams).  I encourage people to continue that
discussion here.

A couple of people mentioned that they're prefer a little more time to get to
the venue and suggested starting the meetings at 7.  Doing so might lose us our
REA members though who'll be staying back from work to attend.  This should be
discussed further as well.  We could potentially split the difference and
(depending on speakers) run some lightning talks from 6:40 through to 7 with our
main talk starting after that.  Keeping the meeting on the second Wednesday did
seem to have the general consensus, but I didn't talk to all attendees about that.

All the best,

   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |
  _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'           | contact at perltraining.com.au |
 (il),-''  (li),'  ((!.-'             |   www.perltraining.com.au   |