[Melbourne-pm] Web client programming

Brendon Oliver brendon.oliver at gmail.com
Mon May 21 17:44:12 PDT 2007

Hey all,

I have a need to automate the backup of a web forum database (mysql).  However
the only 'public' access to said database is via phpMyAdmin.

Before I go charging off trying to reinvent the wheel, does anybody know of
any scripts or modules out there which might help me interact with phpMyAdmin
so that the backup can be run from cron.  I realise it's a rather fragile
approach (as in being at the mercy of updates to phpMyAdmin) but don't really
have any alternative.

I'm already looking at the LWP modules as a starting point, but I'm hoping
there's something a bit more ready-to-run out there.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

- Brendon.

--
I'm a nuclear submarine under the polar ice cap and I need a Kleenex!

 10:38:32 up 19 days, 21:17,  3 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.10, 0.14