[Melbourne-pm] Melbourne job: Passionate Object Oriented Software Engineer

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at flatraterecruitment.com.au
Sun May 20 09:33:48 PDT 2007

Passionate Object Oriented Software Engineer

* Internet company
* Challenging role
* Casual working environment

We know that a great software engineer can learn any new language or
technology that they choose. After all, that's what they've been doing for
their entire career.

Experience with specific computer programming languages doesn't matter to a
*real software engineer* - if your experience is with Perl, Java, C++,
Smalltalk, C#, PHP, Ruby - whatever.

What we care about is whether or not you are a great software engineer and
an excellent coder.

We care about whether or not you are a fast learner.

We care about what you've done, and what you can do in the future.

We are looking for someone who is pragmatic and does not see computer
language as religion. Someone who is language agnostic - happy to code in
whatever language is needed to get the job done.

You'll be able to find or develop the theory you need to get your job done.
You'll be literate, and able to communicate complicated technical concepts
in simple language.

You'll be able to express yourself clearly and persuasively, whether in a
design session or while explaining things to management. And you'll take
personal responsibility for all your work, as a matter of course.

You'll take an active interest in the work of other people in the company,
and be willing to apply your expertise to help with their problems and
develop their skills.

REQUIREMENTS
There ARE however some fundamentals that you MUST have to qualify for this
role:

** Strong understanding of OO concepts
** Strong understanding of SQL (well beyond SELECT * FROM table)
** Understanding of design patterns
** Strong logic and problem solving capability
** Demonstrated passion for learning
** Passion for software and coding
** Desire to work in a team of high achievers
** Desire to work in a casual, fun and hard working Internet culture

ABOUT YOU
** We're looking for someone flexible and willing to try new things
** We're looking for someone who thinks logically and can design the
architecture for new systems as well as write the code to build them.
** We're looking for someone who is creative and innovative, who can
contribute their good ideas and bring them to life in the software.
** We're looking for someone who is a tenacious problem solver, who will
absolutely work out what the problem is regardless of how tough.
** We're looking for someone who does this work because they love it
** We're looking for someone who is self-driven and autonomous, who needs
minimal direction and can see what needs to be done and will take up the
challenge without the need for micro management.
** We're looking for someone with first class verbal and written
communication skills. You must communicate extremely clearly and be highly
articulate.
** We're looking for high-productivity, broadly-talented people

This company was built by people who never said, ``I can't do that.'' If
you're the person we're looking for, you'll be able to design, implement,
test, and debug complex software, both alone and collaboratively. The code
you write will meet the highest standards of efficiency, maintainability,
and modularity. You'll know how to integrate changes in large, complicated
programs, and you'll combine design and implementation skills with an
intuitive feel for the evolution of the product as a whole and for its
position in the marketplace.

Apply now
info at flatraterecruitment.com.au

Telephone enquiries should go to Flat Rate Recruitment (03) 9696 1616

Thanks

With apologies to Autodesk :-)

Andrew Stuart

Managing Director
Flat Rate Recruitment
Head Office:
68 -72 York St
South Melbourne, Victoria 3205
Phone: 1300 55 91 92
Phone 03 9696 1616
Mobile: 0417 034 241
Email:  andrew.stuart at FlatRateRecruitment.com.au
Web: http://www.FlatRateRecruitment.com.au