[Melbourne-pm] Perl and SIP/RTP application coding

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Thu Mar 22 21:09:01 PDT 2007

G'day.

Has anyone out there got experience with Perl and SIP/RTP IP telephony
applications -- specifically, constructing a voice application with
Perl.

In my particular case I am looking at building a relatively simple
voicemail application with Perl, if possible, for the "fun" of learning
more about the insides of VoIP.

The Net::SIP and Net::oRTP CPAN modules look reasonably capable of
handling this, but if anyone has specific comments or suggests I am very
happy to hear them.[1]

Regards,
        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Except for "just use Asterisk" since the point is to learn the
     protocol, not deliver a commercial product. :)

--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/