[Melbourne-pm] Winding up of associations

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Tue Jun 12 23:49:40 PDT 2007

That is no problem I think, just a formality either way. If we do
decide to wind up, we can then move forward with all the legal
required steps.

Scott

On 13/06/2007, at 4:17 PM, Paul Fenwick wrote:

> G'day Everyone,
>
> Looks like we can't actually wind up MPM with a vote at the AGM.
> According
> to the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 an association can only
> be wound
> up voluntarily by special resolution.
>
> To have a special resolution, we need a 3/4 majority vote, and
> provide 21
> days notice to members of the meeting at which the special
> resolution shall
> be voted upon.  As far as I can tell we have done this.  So while
> we can
> certainly discuss the best legal entity (or lack thereof) at
> tonight's AGM,
> I don't believe we can actually alter its structure, even if 3/4s
> of the
> members think it's a good idea.
>
> Cheerio,
>
> 	Paul
>
> --
> Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/
> Director of Training                   | Ph:  +61 3 9354 6001
> Perl Training Australia                | Fax: +61 3 9354 2681

* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose
Welcome to the Digital Dimension
http://www.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Contents of this mail and signature are bound to change
randomly. Whilst every attempt has been made to control said
randomness, the author wishes to remain blameless for the number of
eggs that damn chicken laid. Oh and I don't want to hear about
butterflies either.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.