[Melbourne-pm] Testing non-pel scripts with Test::Harness

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sun Feb 18 23:29:26 PST 2007

Hi Ryan!

On Monday 19 February 2007, Ryan, Martin G wrote:
> Thanks Shlomi and Simon - its all good now.  For anyone else out there
> doing anything similar, there's a completely new TAP framework being
> written by Schwern (http://perl-qa.yi.org/index.php/TAP::Harness) that
> includes running tests in parallel which will be very useful for volume
> testing.

TAP::Harness is no longer actively developed. The last commit to
http://svn.schwern.org/svn/CPAN/TAP-Harness/trunk/ was from 2006-06-30 and to
quote Schwern and myself on the IRC:

<<<<<<<<<<<<
<rindolf>    Schwern: any progress with TAP::Harness?
<Schwern>    Ovid has taken that over with TAPx::Parser.  They're talking
	     about gutting Test::Harness and using it as the engine making TH 3.0
<rindolf>    Schwern: I see.

So I suggest you use TAPx::Parser, TAPx::Harness or Test::Run and not build
your hopes up for TAP::Harness. I should note that runnings tests in parallel
is an enhancement I'd like to put into Test::Run, but it is not implemented
yet. Patches are welcome, though.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il