[Melbourne-pm] Postcode verification

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Wed Feb 14 20:45:19 PST 2007

Leigh Sharpe wrote:
> Hi All,
>  Does anybody know of any method of looking up Australian postcodes?
> I need to validate the input on a postal address, and confirm that the
> postcode given for the suburb is correct.
> A quick search of CPAN doesn't yield anything promising.

Neither of these do what you're asking for, but they may be useful.

	Regexp::Common::zip  can verify the _format_ of Australian postcodes
	Geo::PostalAddress   can be used to verify/generate addresses in
	                      Australian format

If you write a module to deal with AusPost's database, you may want to work in
the Geo::Postcode:: name space, and to conform to their existing interface.

All the best,

	Jacinta