[Melbourne-pm] Desktop environments

Brad Bowman list at bereft.net
Tue Feb 13 18:35:33 PST 2007

Kirrily Robert wrote:
> A question for those of you working full-time in Perl development: may I
> enquire as to the size of your team, and what desktop environment(s) your
> team uses?

Strategic Data's developers use Linux (Ubuntu & Debian).  A few people who do
occasional Perl development use OSX or Windows.  Our servers are Debian
and when developing for Windows we usually use VMware or a remote desktop.
Developers can choose their environment.  I think we're mostly Gnome with
one KDE user and with various levels of tweakage.

Brad

--
... But even a person who is good for nothing and exceedingly clumsy will be a
reliable retainer if only he has the determination to think earnestly of his