[Melbourne-pm] GUI toolkit du jour

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Fri Apr 13 02:55:19 PDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 02:52:34PM +1000, Deborah Pickett wrote:
> I'm old school and remember about PerlTk.  But I sense that it has been

Tk.  yuk.  that's something that really needs to die and be forgotten.  along
with tcl.

> eclipsed, or not, by some other GUI toolkit.  What's the preferred option
> these days?

on linux, i use Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory - very nice wrapper around the
Gtk2 perl module.

> I am targeting Windows sans cygwin, if that makes a difference.

dunno if it works on windows.  ISTR that GTK was ported to windows years
ago, so you might be in luck.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

BOFH excuse #89: Electromagnetic energy loss