[Melbourne-pm] Perl crypto code

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Sun Sep 24 03:18:39 PDT 2006

On 23/09/2006, at 18:35, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> Regarding h2xs, one should probably prefer module-starter:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Module-Starter/

Agreed, avoid h2xs if you can :-)

> It is more modern, and also is pluginnable:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/search?query=module-starter&mode=all
>
> h2xs may still be useful if you'd like to generate module templates
> that will
> also be compatible with older versions of perl5.

I can't find it right now (not online) but you can generate your
Makefile.PL from your Build.PL - so you can still generate backwards
compatible Perl5 stuff with Module-Starter.

* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose
Welcome to the Digital Dimension
http://www.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Contents of this mail and signature are bound to change
randomly. Whilst every attempt has been made to control said
randomness, the author wishes to remain blameless for the number of
eggs that damn chicken laid. Oh and I don't want to hear about
butterflies either.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.