[Melbourne-pm] Perl crypto code

Andrew Savige ajsavige at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 22 20:01:15 PDT 2006

--- Jacinta Richardson <jarich at perltraining.com.au> wrote:
> Michael Bombardieri wrote:
>> 2. How difficult is it to build Perl modules? I've been thinking about
>> integrating some crypto code into Perl via a Crypt::bla module. I know
>> that some CPAN modules are written in Perl and some in C. Are there any
>> good tutorials for writing modules?
>
> Grab our Programming Perl, and Object Oriented Perl course notes from
> http://perltraining.com.au/notes.html  also our "Starting modules with h2xs"
> perl tip: http://perltraining.com.au/tips/2005-09-26.html
>
> The first covers Packages and Modules fairly thoroughly and the second covers
> any OO basics you might be missing.  If you spot any errors please let me
> know.
>   Building modules in Perl is really easy (and encouraged).  If you want to
> package them up and send them off to CPAN then you'll probably want to start
> with h2xs as mentioned in the tip, as it ensures you get the basic files up
> and ready.

In case you need any more references on writing CPAN modules:

 * http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=158999
   (How to make a CPAN Module Distribution)

 * http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=102347
   (Simple Module Tutorial)

 * http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=431702
   (Jose's Guide for creating CPAN modules)

 * http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=418891
   (Writing Solid CPAN Modules)

 * http://www.apress.com/free/index.html
   (Writing Perl Modules for CPAN by Sam Tregar,
    freely downloadable APress book)

Cheers,
/-\