[Melbourne-pm] Software Freedom day wrap-up

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Mon Sep 18 16:46:36 PDT 2006

G'day Melbourne PM,

Many thanks to Tony, Stephen, Gus, Sam and Alec (from OSDClub) for turning up to
Software Freedom Day last Saturday.  If I missed seeing you then thanks for
turning up as well.  We gave out a few flyers about Perl (and Melbourne PM) and
lots of OSDC postcards.  Hopefully we'll get some new members as well.

Kylie did a great job of putting the day together, although we all need to focus
a little more on getting the word out in advance of the day for next year.  If
you'd like to be more involved next year, then now is a good time to volunteer
your help.  It would be grand if we could get the same kind of attendance next
year that VTR used to get to their user group open days.

All the best,

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |