[Melbourne-pm] Rescheduling April's meeting?

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun Mar 26 15:00:14 PST 2006

G'day everyone,

As you would have seen last week, Andrew Savige will be in town shortly.  Andrew
is the author of Acme::EyeDrops and Archive::Tar.  He's a great speaker and
might even share with us the secret of how Acme::EyeDrops works.

I propose that we *do* move our meeting time for April from the 12th to the 19th
as requested so that we can hear a talk from Andrew.  Of course I'm assuming
that Andrew will whip us up a talk, but I don't expect to be disappointed on
this score.

However, it's obviously not just up to me.  ;)  Have your say and vote at:

http://perl.net.au/wiki/Melbourne_Perl_Mongers/12-19_April_vote

no registration required, it's really quick, I promise.  Don't put it off!

Issues with changing the meeting date are:

	* ensuring that we'll be able to book the meeting space (Scott can you
	  get back to us on this one?)

	* people may be on holidays (what a good reason to come to PM!)

	* people who don't read their email (or forget) might come on
	  the wrong day.

There's not a lot we can do about the third.  As far as I know all of the places
which advertise Melbourne Perl Mongers encourage readers to sign up to the
mailing list.  I suggest we put a sign on the door on the night of the 12th and
perhaps have a friendly person or two (like Paul) hang around and hand out urls
to the mailing list to anyone who turns up looking for the meeting.

I don't know how long Andrew's talk might be, so if I recall correctly, Leif
still has some talks up his sleeves, Simon has some Perlmeme intro material
(foreach?) and a talk on genetic algorithms and Ben wants to talk about Perlish
interaction and Perl6 modules at some stage.  If any of these wonderful people
could let me know whether they expect to be available to talk this month, that
would be great.

I can also put together a talk showing of the regex-coach a free (as in beer)
regex tool which I have found extremely useful recently.

If you do have any ideas for future talks, either for topics you want to hear or
for something you  might be willing to say, send it through to the list or add
it to:
	http://perl.net.au/wiki/Melbourne_Perl_Mongers#Future_meeting_topics.2Fideas

All the best,

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |