[Melbourne-pm] overloading 'print'

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Tue Mar 21 15:56:41 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 10:32:10AM +1100, Mathew Robertson wrote:
> Thats an interesting question, and one that I will eventually tackle.
> The whole concept of overriding 'print' itself is fundamentally suspect,
> so I'm specifically trying to *not* allow flexible useage of the package.

was there a reason you couldn't just create a wrapper class derived
from IO::Wrap or whatever?  The wrapper class could then just munge
the print call on the way through.

depends on your code architecture I guess, but the OO way is nice :)

--
Josh "Koshua" Goodall                      "as modern as tomorrow afternoon"
joshua at roughtrade.net                                       - FW109