[Melbourne-pm] Picture Management API

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Tue Mar 14 17:59:32 PST 2006

On 15/03/2006, at 12:51, Mathew Robertson wrote:

> I'm thinking along the lines of MAPI, SANE, CUPS etc. where there
> is a defined library for doing the low-level stuff -> in this case
> it looks like we want a GAPI or PAPI (or whatever).

Yes sounds like that is what I want. GAPA - The Gallery and Photo
API :-)

> So it seems to me that doing it in C would provide the most benefit.

Why. C is just a language. I choose Perl. CUPS can be written in
Perl. don't forget CUPS is many parts, it is a standard way of doing
things, along with daemons along with a full set of APIs.

You can even integrate the code directly in Perl into C, just like
you can the C into Perl.

Anyway, this is not a place to justify language choices. My choice is
Perl as I really can't stand C, I get enough of it in XCSoar and at
work.