[Melbourne-pm] OSDClub meeting - 14th June 2006

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Mon Jun 12 23:37:07 PDT 2006

We invite you to join us for the next OSDClub meeting:

	When:    6:30pm, Wednesday 14th June 2006
	Where:   myinternet, Level 8, 14 Blackwood St, North Melbourne

	More details: http://www.osdc.com.au/osdclub/

Please invite your friends, family and workmates to join us if you
anticipate
they may be interested.  Our featured talks will be:

	MySQL Normalization & Optimisation Techniques by Ben Cornwell

	The talk aims to provide a description of the database normalisation
	process. Using a series of simple, practical examples I aim to
introduce
	Normal Form 1 through 4, and provide a few reasons why normalisation is
	an important and useful process. Finally I'll present a couple of
	scenarios where blindly following normalisation techniques can have a
	detrimental effect.

	Be a better consultant by Alec Clews
	------------------------------------

	This talk will outline simple approaches to make dealing with customers
	more productive and profitable. Topics include:

	    * The value proposition;
	    * Process;
	    * Deliverables;
	    * Work practices;
	    * other core issues.

	At the end of the talk, attendees should be able to examine their work
	habits and identify areas for improvement.

Talk Proposals
==============

We invite you to offer talk proposals for future meetings.  To be
involved, send
your talk topic to clubadmin at osdc.com.au  Presentations can make use
of a
particular programming language to illustrate examples, but should be
accessible
to programmers from a range of backgrounds.

Next Meeting

The next OSDClub meeting should take place on the 4th August 2006.

--
    ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |