[Melbourne-pm] Lightning Talks

David Dick david_dick at iprimus.com.au
Wed Jan 11 02:16:42 PST 2006

Ben Marsh wrote:
> Thats the best I can do at the moment.  If these are uninteresting let
> me know. Also if there are things that you want to know about but dont
> have enough time to research yourself maybe you could let me know?

I've been using Win32::OLE to access WMI services at work.  In my spare
time i've been trying to figure out how to use ADSI to install/update
web applications on IIS???? :)

One of the chief interesting things i've found about WMI at least is the
difficulty in enumerating all the properties of different objects.  I'm
still at the stage of googling for "WMI script + xxxx" and adapting the
resulting vb code to perl.

hope this helps
-Dave