[Melbourne-pm] AGM 2006

Ben Marsh blm at woodheap.org
Sat Apr 1 17:09:03 PST 2006

* Jacinta Richardson (jarich at perltraining.com.au) wrote:
> Scott Penrose wrote:
> > Hello Melbourne Perl Mongers,
> >
> > The Annual General Meeting 2006 will be held as part of the 10th of
> > May 2006 at the beginning of our monthly Perl Mongers meeting, from
> > 6:30 to 6:45.
> >
> > Agenda:
> >
> > * Confirm minutes of previous AGM (none this year, this is our first)
>
> I understood our first GM to have been 13th October 2004, where we elected our
> current committee.  Am I mistaken?
>
> > * Financial Report from the Treasurer
> >
> > * Election of new office bearers and ordinary committee members.
> >
> > To nominate for a position in Melbourne Perl Mongers, please submit
> > nominations including: Your Name, Address, Email, Nominated Position,
> > Signature and Signature and Name of two other Melbourne Perl Mongers
> > members, to: Melbourne Perl Mongers, C/- myinternet Limited, PO Box 650,
> > Carlton South, 3053. No latter than the COB Wednesday the 3rd of May
> > 2006. You will receive an email return the day it arrives for
> > confirmation.
>
> I always thought this part of the model rules was a little draconian as far as
> making it easy for people to nominate, second and accept.  For those who don't
> have access to the Melbourne Perl Monger's rules of association (primarily the
> model rules) the details are:
>
> (1) Nominations of candidates for election as officers of the Association or as
>     ordinary members of the committee must be--
>          (a) made in writing, signed by two members of the Association and
>              accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be
>              endorsed on the form of nomination);

Hello,

Exactly how is someone classed as a member for the purposes of
nominating people and voting in a potential ballot?

I know I asked this a while ago but I cant find the answer.  I think a
member is someone that pays a small membership fee ($10) (which I havent
paid but would like to be a member).

Thanks,

Ben Marsh