[Melbourne-pm] Help with HTTP::DAV

Hamish Carpenter hamish.carpenter at its.monash.edu.au
Tue Oct 11 17:41:07 PDT 2005

Ed,

Sounds like you may need to manipulate the user agent by
using the get_user_agent() method or create the HTTP::DAV
object with a special useragent implementation.  They
mention "dave" on the perldoc a lot for custom authentications.

http://search.cpan.org/~pcollins/HTTP-DAV-0.31/DAV.pm#get_user_agent

What I would suggest trying first is to get the dummy cookie
with LWP or similar and then instantiate a HTTP::DAV object,
give the user agent the dummy cookie and then try
authenticating with the username and password.

HTH

Hamish Carpenter

Edgar Kherlopian wrote:
 > Fellow perl-mongers,
 >
 > Has anyone found any problems with using HTTP::DAV for
complex websites
 > that have more than one state in their authentication
mechanism?