[Melbourne-pm] Christmas Party - Thursday 1st of December (this Thursday)

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Sun Nov 27 16:07:16 PST 2005

The Open Source Developers' Club has been a great success this year.
We have been provided with many fantastic talks and gatherings.

As part of bringing the groups together, the PHP User Group has
invited all the OSDClub groups together to celebrate Christmas and
the end of the year. As the OSDConference is next week and then
Christmas parties come up regularly, we thought it would be an ideal
opportunity for Perl Mongers and the other groups to join in with PHP
User Group in their /Christmas and Film night (this Thursday, 1st
December), and cancel the normal Perl Mongers meeting on the 14th of
December.

If you are not a member of the PHP User Group the night will cost you
$2 - which is a bargain ! Or you can join up with PHP User Group for
$20. Please contact Ben (ben at benbalbo.com) by this Wednesday (30th
November) if you intend to come.

-------------------------------------
Melbourne PHP User Group Film Evening
-------------------------------------

In keeping with tradition, the Melbourne PHP User Group is holding a
social film evening in place of it's regular meeting this Christmas.

Nibbles and soft drinks will be available and we're also negotiating the
possibility of providing alcohol.

The title of the film is not decided yet, but current suggestions
include:
* Revolution OS (http://imdb.com/title/tt0308808/)
* War Games (http://imdb.com/title/tt0086567/)
* Takedown (http://imdb.com/title/tt0159784/)
* The Code (http://imdb.com/title/tt0315417/)

If you have any other suggestion, or want to vote for one of these, head
over to the forum:
   http://melbourne.ug.php.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=626

Entry fee is $2, or you can become a member for $20. Membership benefits
include free entry to meetings and discounts from selected
organisations.

In order to cater accordingly, we ask that everyone who's planning to
come along to RSVP to ben at benbalbo.com by the 30th of November.

The details: