[Melbourne-pm] PHP/Perl Developer Role

Rob Casey rob.casey at swishgroup.com.au
Mon Nov 14 15:07:03 PST 2005

Hello all,

I have a position opening for one (or maybe two) candidates for a
PHP/Perl developer role within a Linux environment - The highlights:

- Experience required in PHP, DHTML and Javascript
- Experience with Perl, XML/XSLT, RDBMS and system administration
advantageous
- South Melbourne - small, focused company

The focus of this development role is primarily PHP, but experience with
Perl, relational database systems (Postgresql and MySQL) and general
Linux system administration would be advantageous.  Because of the
nature of the development work, a good working knowledge of DHTML,
Javascript and CSS is assumed.

The ideal candidate would be:

- Committed, resourceful and creative
- Able to accept responsibility, development and take genuine ownership
for project components
- Able to communicate in both a written and verbal manner with ease

This position offers great opportunity to work on some really gadgets
(video servers, embedded Linux set-top boxes) and cool projects, such as
digital-video-on-demand (one of our core products) and digital signage
as well as some more off-beat work (such as software integration for the
Optus Message Board at Federation Square).  Opportunity also exists for
national and international travel for project work.

In essence, this is a pretty nifty position for the right candidate with
plenty of opportunity to grow and develop.

Please send resumes through to jobs at swishgroup.com.au - If there are any
questions about this role, please feel free to contact me through either
email or the office number below.

Regards,
Rob

Rob Casey