[Melbourne-pm] Free mod_perl 2 talk and meeting with Stas

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Wed May 11 00:56:50 PDT 2005

I am personally very keen on this talk, and although it is probably
not legal/tax deducatable, I am willing to pay a good lump of money
to Stas on the night.

If people feel uncofortable with knowing the amounts or paying at
all, I suggest we put some envelopes at the door and allow people to
make anonymous donations to
Stas on the night - hopefully it will encourage Stas to come back
next time - and for people to sign up for the excellent talks that
was planned by Perl Training Austarlia (I am disapointed that they
won't be on - so everyone - come and at least help Stas on the night).

Scooter

On 11/05/2005, at 15:50, Jacinta Richardson wrote:

> G'day everyone,
>
> We had to chance our mod_perl courses in Melbourne due to a lack of
> numbers.  :(
>   However, as far as I'm aware, Stas is still intending to come to
> Melbourne and
> will still present at Melbourne Perl Mongers.  He is planning a 2-3
> hour
> tutorial on all things mod_perl 2 at our June Meeting 8th June 2005.
>
> Stas is happy to do this for free, however we could also get
> together pay him a
> small gratuity to at least help with the costs of coming all the
> way from
> Canada.  Alternately we could shout him dinner and a few drinks
> afterwards (if
> the kitchen is still open).
>
> Make sure you tell your friends and work mates, as Stas is an
> excellent speaker
> and you probably won't get a better deal on learning things about
> mod_perl 2.
>
> Should your work place be interested in hiring Stas for some
> mod_perl consulting
> let him know and I'm sure he'd be happy to help.  He has a business
> visa for
> this visit so you shouldn't have any problems in that regard.
>
> Stas can be contacted via stas at stason.org.
>
> All the very best,
>
>       Jacinta
>
> --
>        ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta
> Richardson         |
>         `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training
> Australia    |
>         (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'   |      +61 3 9354
> 6001        |
>       _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'           |
> contact at perltraining.com.au |
>      (il),-''  (li),'  ((!.-'             |
> www.perltraining.com.au   |

- --
* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose
Open source developer
http://linux.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Open sauce usually ends up never coming out (of the bottle).

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.