[Melbourne-pm] Available Perl programmers?

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Sun Mar 20 17:58:37 PST 2005

G'day everyone,

>From time to time I have businesses call me up saying that they're looking for
Perl developers on a full-time or part-time basis.  That's a good thing, and
sometimes I can help, but more often than not I discover that I simply don't
know of any good people who are seeking a full-time or part-time position.

I'd like to be able change that, but I don't want to become a recruitment
agency.  I'd much rather use technology to make it easier to find available
developers.  This is a current issue; I have a potential client (in Melbourne)
who's talking about hiring a Perl developer on a permanent basis.

So, how can you be potentially on the list when a client comes to me and asks if
I know any developers looking for work?  Well, the easy way is to say a few
words about yourself on perl.net.au.  Just cruise over to
http://perl.net.au/wiki/Developers_for_hire and follow the instructions that are
linked from that page.

Of course, you're encouraged to contribute to the rest of the site as well.
http://perl.net.au/wiki/PerlNet:About has a little more about PerlNet and why it
exists.

All the very best,

	Paul