OT - was Re: [Melbourne-pm] First combined meeting feedback

Peter Lawrence peterl at netlink.com.au
Thu Mar 10 07:43:28 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:22:22 +1100 (EST), Tim Connors wrote:

.
.
.> TimC -- http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/staff/tconnors/
> It typically takes 25-30 gallons of petrol/diesel to fully-consume an
> average-sized body under ideal conditions.  That I am conversant with
> this level of detail should serve as an indication of why the wise man
> does not ask me questions about MS-Windows. --Tanuki on ASR

Apparently there is a process called thermal depolymerisation that is
just nearing commercial usefulness which consumes things like that and
produces usable hydrocarbon fuels, and which can be fuelled using the
gases generated. PML.
GST+NPT=JOBS

I.e., a Goods and Services Tax (or almost any other broad based production tax), with a Negative Payroll Tax, promotes employme
t.

See http://member.netlink.com.au/~peterl/publicns.html#AFRLET2 and the other items on that page for some reasons why.

-- Arachne V1.77+/B~5