[Melbourne-pm] Melbourne Perl Mongers this week (Wednesday 8th)

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun Jun 5 21:02:25 PDT 2005

G'day everyone,

This is a quick reminder that Melbourne Perl Mongers is happening this week on
Wednesday starting at 6:30pm and running til 9:30pm or possibly later:

    myinternet, Level 8
    14 Blackwood St
    North Melbourne

Stas Bekman will be talking about the great things that mod_perl 2.0 has to
offer.  He's offered some homework for all attendees to do before you come:

    I'd also like to suggest that people come prepared by reading through the
    presentation handouts or slides available from:
    http://stason.org/tmp/mod_perl-2.0-tutorial-handouts.pdf.gz
    http://stason.org/tmp/mod_perl-2.0-tutorial-slides.pdf.gz

We'll have pizza for the hungry, so please bring some money to chip in for that.
  Bring along your workmates, friends and family if you think they'd benefit
from learning a whole lot more about mod_perl 2.0

See you there!

        Jacinta

Talk Summary
-------------
mod_perl 2.0 supports all the mod_perl 1.0 features and brings a whole lot
of new functionality such as protocol and filter handlers, improved
configuration access, threads support and much more. This tutorial will
get you up to speed with the new features, in addition to reviewing the
old ones.

We will cover:

       * Getting Your Feet Wet
       * A quick introduction to mod_perl 2.0
       * Startup handlers
       * Protocol handlers
       * Filter handlers
       * HTTP request handlers
       * Migrating from mod_perl 1.0 to 2.0

--
    ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |