[Melbourne-pm] Melbourne PM website

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Mon Jan 17 21:12:37 PST 2005

On 18/01/2005, at 3:52 PM, Jacinta Richardson wrote:

> G'day everyone,
>
> Happy New Year!  I hope you're all had a great holiday break and are
> refreshed and ready for the next year of conference organising.  ;)
>
> It seems like Melbourne PM's website has vanished.

Yes - see emails regarding this from last year.

> http://melbourne.pm.org/ returns a Forbidden message.  Are the pm.org
> servers playing up again?

Yes but they will no longer provide any dynamic content - thus ours is
empty.
But... I took a full copy first (go recursive web gets).

> If the site is being rebuilt... which I vaguely remember being
> mentioned some time ago

:-)

> , but can't find in my email, would it be possible to stick up a
> temporary page saying something like:

I will try, have not had time yet :-)

>    Hi!  We're redoing our site right now.  How about you join our
>    mailing list over at:
>
>    Our next meeting will be on:
>    Wednesday 9th February 2005 at 6:30pm.
>
>    Location: Level 8
>              myinternet house
>              Blackwood St
>              North Melbourne
>
> I realise I might have just picked the very moment that the site went
> down, but I regularly direct people to the Melbourne PM website and
> I'd prefer them to see something more useful than a forbidden message.

No it has been down almost a week now damn it. I hope to get something
going soon.

BTW. did you (or anyone else) get my mail from last week asking what
software is a good choice for the site ?

Scooter
- --
* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose
Welcome to the Digital Dimension
http://www.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Contents of this mail and signature are bound to change
randomly. Whilst every attempt has been made to control said
randomness, the author wishes to remain blameless for the number of
eggs that damn chicken laid. Oh and I don't want to hear about
butterflies either.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.