[Melbourne-pm] config file parsers

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Feb 15 20:17:36 PST 2005

On 16 Feb 2005, Geoff Crompton wrote:

[...]

> libapache-configfile-perl	Apache::ConfigFile

This is a pain to work with unless you really need something the size of
the apache configuration files, in my experience.

[...]

> libconfig-auto-perl		Config::Auto

This is good stuff.  It just works, in one line, and lets you put pretty
much any format configuration file in place.

Do decide on a style, though, and use that -- rather than the "guess"
stuff -- in production code.

You can't use this to save back your configuration file.

> libconfig-general-perl		Config::General

This is quite good.

> libconfig-inifiles-perl		Config::IniFiles

This is also pretty good, for simple configuration files.
It does let you save back, as I recall, the configuration file.

   Daniel

--
Every violation of truth is not only a sort of suicide in the liar, but is a
stab at the health of human society.