[Melbourne-pm] March 9th Meeting

leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au
Thu Feb 10 22:16:43 PST 2005

Fellow Mongers,

     Next month we will be holding the first of a new style of meeting,
one where we combined the resources of Open Source groups across Melbourne.

     The plan is for every second monthly meeting be a combined one,
hosted by one Open Source user group, in rotation. The first of these is
being hosted by Melbourne Perl Mongers, and we hope it will be attended
by members of LUV, Zope, PHP and other active user groups.

     Speakers and presentations will be drawn from members of these
groups, but as we're hosting this first one, we want to make sure as
many Perl Mongers contribute as possible. Some may say this is to make
the meeting a great success, but the real reason is to show the other
groups we're smarter than them (did I say that out loud...).

     Simon Taylor and Becky Alcorn (sp?) have already offered to talk
about CSS2/XHTML, and Scott Penrose has volunteered to present on XSLT.

     If any Mongers have a language-neutral topic they would like to
share, please let us know as soon as possible. It could be on security
or hacking , networking (wired or wireless), an algorithm or process,
whatever. The only restriction is that you can present it in a way that
doesn't language-evangelise or -demonise. Demonstrating the topic with
perl is fine though.

     The first meeting is planned to be held at myinternet, but if it
grows and requires something bigger, we'll let you know in plenty of time.

     Hope to see (and hear!) you there.
     The Melbourne Perl Mongers Committee.