[Melbourne-pm] Next PM meeting...

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun Dec 11 15:03:54 PST 2005

G'day everyone,

Due to conference reasons, Christmas parties and the like I believe this week's
Melbourne Perl Monger meeting has been cancelled.  Instead we were invited to
join the PHP/OSDClub end of year celebration at the start of the month.

We haven't traditionally held meetings in January due to holidays and the like,
and I assume that the current plan for February is to host the OSDClub meeting
at the usual Melbourne PM meeting time.  This could make our next Melbourne PM
meeting as late as March 8th.

I would personally prefer a meeting before March 8th and would like to propose
that we run a meeting in January that's a little later than our usual 2nd
Wednesday of the month.  How would the third Wednesday of the month (18th) be?
Does this conflict with LCA?  Alternately would we like to organise the OSDClub
meeting in Feburary to fall on a different day than our normal meeting time?

I was thinking that it would be great to run a bunch of lightning (Perl) talks
at this meeting.  They're fun, easy and a good way for everyone to get involved,
even those who haven't presented before.

So, have a think about when you'd like the next meeting and also what you could
give a 5 minute talk on, and hopefully I'll see you all again soon.  Happy
holidays and appropriate religious celebrations to you all.

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |