[Melbourne-pm] Q re perlxs

Brendon Oliver brendon.oliver at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 23:01:07 PDT 2005

Hey all,

I'm writing a perl wrapper for some functions in a C library we have
here at work.  I have a situation where I want to return 0 if a
function call fails and set $! accordingly.  Unfortunately, the
perlxstut man page for "Example 8 (setting $!)" is "coming soon". :-(

Anybody have an example of how you do this?  I've not been able to
figure it out from the perlxs man page and so far not much joy from
google either (maybe it's just a bad choice of search criteria), but
I'm still looking.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

- Brendon.
/ God created woman. And boredom did      \
| indeed cease from that moment -- but    |
| many other things ceased as well. Woman |
\ was God's second mistake. -- Nietzsche  /