[Melbourne-pm] September's meeting

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Wed Aug 17 04:17:13 PDT 2005

G'day everyone,

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the next OSD Club meeting is being
hosted by Melbourne PHP.  No doubt further details will follow, but in summary:

	OSD Club meeting
	----------------
	Thursday September 1, 2005, 6:30pm
	RMIT Building 56, Level 6, room 56-5-88

Please note different date and location.

Current talk plans are:
   Paul Fenwick:  Conference Presentation Mind Control
   Jon Oxer:      Making Things Move: Totally Inappropriate Uses For Scripting
                  Languages

	Melbourne Perl Monger's Meeting
	--------------------------------

Anyway what this means is that we can now have a regular Melbourne PM meeting in
September (Wed 14th).  I believe that we currently have talk ideas from:

	Simon Taylor:  A new genetic algorithm
	Leif Erikson:  Iterative Grammars using Parse::RecDescent
	Scott Penrose: Some mod_perl 2 modules (done this month?)
	Alfie John:    Source filtering (done this month?)

So perhaps one of these wonderful speakers would feel like presenting?
Alternately we also have the excellent requests from the discussion of August's
meeting:

	* Interacting with users
	* Test driven development

if you think you'd like the try your hand at one of the above ideas please speak
up, we'd be glad to listen to you.

September's also a good time to try out your OSDC talk.  Even if it's rough
around the edges, we can give you constructive feedback.  Don't forget that
proposals are due *this* Friday: 19th August.

All the very best,

      Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |