[Melbourne-pm] Perl Security course rescheduled

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Tue Sep 7 20:05:47 CDT 2004

Dear Melbourne Perl Mongers,

This is a quick note to let you know that the Perl Security
course to be run in Melbourne has been rescheduled.  The new date
is:

	Perl Security 	- 22nd October 2004

This course had the highest overall rating of all tutorials
presented at the SAGE-AU 2004 conference.  It is a seminar style
course with lots of time for questions.

The Perl Security course covers how to improve the security of
your Perl programs.  It includes discussion on taint checking,
securely creating and opening files, race conditions, sym-link
attacks and other common pitfalls.

This course has been designed for both system administrators with
some Perl programming experience and for programmers who develop
in Perl.  It has a strong Unix (and Unix-like) bias in parts but
the bulk of the material applies to all operating systems.

You can book places on this course on our bookings page at:
	http://www.perltraining.com.au/bookings.html

Group discounts apply.

If you book and pay by 24th September 2004 you will be entitled
to our early bird special of one free Perl book, of your choice,
per person.  The available books are listed at:
	http://www.perltraining.com.au/books.html

Mention Melbourne Perl Mongers when you book for an additional $30 per
person discount.  Or alternatively, recommend this course to your
friends and collegues and if they book (and mention you when booking)
*you* will get a free Perl book (of your choice) up to the value of $80
RRP (hand delivered to you at the next PM meeting).  This is in addition
to any books and discounts they may also be entitled to.

I look forward to seeing you on the course.

     Jacinta Richardson

--
    ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |